4 Flares Twitter 4 Tweet Facebook 0 Google+ 0
Pin It Share
Email to a friend
Photo courtesy of Hall Health Center
University of Washington
Your Beautiful Face!
A Simple Secret to Having Beautiful Skin at Any Age
In my previous article, I spoke of how what we think about and what we believe affects our ability to stay young. I have seen many people marvel at not only how young I look, but at my youthful energy. I loved jumping on a bicycle recently to ride 10 miles along the Chicago shoreline with my sister who is younger than me and who rides on a regular basis. (Although I enjoy riding, I don't get to do it often.) My two sons (ages 28 and 30) often give me funny looks and laugh at my playfulness and youthful spirit as if they're thinking, "Mom, you're so silly!"
In addition to my belief that I am young, and I am remaining young, I pay attention to how I take care of my body and my skin. I have learned that proper facial cleansing both morning and evening is one of the most important things we can do for our skin and a key reason people tell me I have beautiful skin.
I learned from an award-winning esthetician whom I've had the opportunity to meet, that most people do not cleanse their skin well enough. We accumulate on our skin the release of toxins and oils from our bodies, and toxins and impurities from the air settle on our skin. In addition, our skin cells are constantly dying and sloughing off on the surface. If we do not cleanse thoroughly, our toners and moisturizers will not penetrate as deeply into the skin and will not perform as effectively.
So today I am going to reveal to you one of my secrets.
You'll find it in my cleansing routine that follows.
(Note: Thoroughness of cleansing is the key, so I am sure you can get good results with other products, however, I have tried many other cleansing products and I have found the three I absolutely love!!)
1. Cleanse: A.R.T. Gentle Foaming Cleanser (The most luxurious cleanser I have ever felt on my skin!)
2. Exfoliate & Massage: Gently massage in Satin Facial Scrub Mint (With its pure Young Living peppermint oil, it is stimulating and very refreshing! A great way to wake up in the morning!)
3. Repeat: A.R.T. Gentle Foaming Cleanser (I used to apply the cleanser only once – when I began using it twice, I noticed a major difference in the way may skin felt and looked – smoother with more of a glow!)
Did you know exfoliating stimulates collagen?
4. Toner: A.R.T. Sandalwood Toner (With a touch of Young Living sandalwood oil – my most favorite skin beautifying oil and one of my favorite fragrances – the A.R.T. Sandalwood Toner removes remaining impurities and leaves my skin fresh and ready for moisturizing. Sandalwood Toner also reduces the amount of moisturizer needed, thus my moisturizer lasts longer.)
Did you know eating healthy fats such as avocados and olive oil will help your skin shine?
1. Cleanse: A.R.T. Gentle Foaming Cleanser
2. Repeat: A.R.T. Gentle Foaming Cleanser
3. Toner: A.R.T. Sandalwood Toner
I apply this entire routine to the most exposed areas of skin – my face, neck, décolleté, and tops of my hands. Then I apply my Young Living essential oil of choice and either A.R.T. Day Activator or A.R.T. Night Reconstructor.
Having smooth, lustrous, and beautiful skin is a gift from God,
a gift to be nurtured.
a gift to be nurtured.
What are you doing to nurture yours??